We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Known elsewhere as “Christmas crack,” saltine cracker toffee is the addictive holiday treat that’s notorious for being a sweet-and-salty lover’s dream come true. Don’t say we didn’t warn you. MORE+LESS-
salted saltine crackers, or enough to line your pan
cups milk chocolate or semisweet chocolate chips
cup chopped pecans, if desired
Heat oven to 400°F. Line 15x10x1-inch pan or large rimmed cookie sheet with foil. Spray foil with cooking spray. Place saltine crackers in single layer in pan.
In 1 1/2-quart saucepan, heat butter and brown sugar to boiling over medium heat. Continue boiling for 3 minutes. Immediately pour over saltines; spread to cover crackers completely.
Bake 5 to 6 minutes or until crackers look all bubbly.
Remove from oven; sprinkle chocolate chips over top. Let stand a minute or two to melt; spread evenly. Or, in microwavable bowl, microwave chocolate chips uncovered on High about 1 minute or until they can be stirred smooth; spread over crackers. Top with pecans.
Cool completely on cooling rack, about 40 minutes. Refrigerate 15 to 20 minutes or until chocolate is firm. Break into pieces.
- Preheat your oven beforehand, so you can pop the crackers in the oven as soon as you finish pouring the toffee layer over the crackers.
- Make this saltine cracker toffee your own by swapping pecans with other nuts like almonds, cashews or pistachios. Not into nuts? Leave them off altogether.
- Be sure to use a baking sheet with sides, as it will prevent the toffee from bubbling over the pan.
- Store saltine cracker candy in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 weeks; it tastes just as good chilled!
- This is the perfect treat to give as a gift or bring to holiday parties. Our other desserts are just as shareable.
Serving Size: 1 Toffee Square
- Calories from Fat
% Daily Value
- Total Fat
- Saturated Fat
- 4 1/2g
- Trans Fat
- Total Carbohydrate
- Dietary Fiber
- Vitamin A
- Vitamin C
0 Starch; 0 Fruit; 1 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Skim Milk; 0 Low-Fat Milk; 0 Milk; 0 Vegetable; 0 Very Lean Meat; 0 Lean Meat; 0 High-Fat Meat; 1 1/2 Fat;
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
More About This Recipe
- At first, saltine cracker toffee seems a little strange, but trust us when we say the crackers provide the perfect crunch and saltiness, hidden in a layer of sweet toffee and topped with rich melted chocolate. Add chopped pecans on top, or serve them without. Your friends and family will never believe there are actual saltine crackers hidden inside this yummy toffee recipe!